Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) R77.30
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. is an international provider of products for IT security, Firewall, IPsec VPN, Mobile Access, network security, endpoint security, data security, Data Loss Prevention, Anti-Bot and Application Control, access controls, and the DLP security gateway secure data-in-motion and data-in-use.
Checkpoint CCSA is a first step to learn Checkpoint firewall. CCSA Checkpoint Training provides good knowledge and skills which are necessary to configure the Check Point Security Gateway, Security Policies, managing and monitoring secure networks.
Security Administration (Check Point Certified Security Administrator)
Exam Code: 156-215.77
Exam Cost: 150 USD
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Windows Server and/or UNIX skills
- Internet and TCP/IP experience
Who can attend this Training?
- Anyone interested in learning about the Checkpoint Firewalls.
- Anyone who wants a quick refresher about Checkpoint features and Functions.
- Network Operators, Network Administrators
- Network Engineers, Network Architects.
- Security Administrators.
- Network Security Engineers.
- Security Architects responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the enterprise network Security.
Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)
- Describe Check Point’s unified approach to network management.
- Design a distributed environment using the network detailed in the course topology.
- Install the Security Gateway version R77 in a distributed environment using the network detailed in the course topology.
- Given network specifications, perform a backup and restore the current Gateway installation from the command line.
- Identify critical files needed to purge or backup, import and export users and groups and add or delete administrators from the command line.
- Deploy Gateways using sysconfig and cpconfig from the Gateway command line.
- Given the network topology, create and configure network, host and gateway objects. Verify SIC establishment between the Security Management Server and the Gateway using SmartDashboard.
- Create a basic Rule Base in SmartDashboard that includes permissions for administrative users, external services, and LAN outbound use.
- Evaluate existing policies and optimize the rules based on current corporate requirements.
- Maintain the Security Management Server with scheduled backups and policy versions to ensure seamless upgrades and minimal downtime.
- Configure NAT rules on Web and Gateway servers.
- Use Queries in SmartView Tracker to monitor IPS and common network traffic and troubleshoot events using packet data.
- Using packet data on a given corporate network, generate reports, troubleshoot system and security issues, and ensure network functionality.
- Using SmartView Monitor, configure alerts and traffic counters, view a Gateway’s status, monitor suspicious activity rules, analyze tunnel activity and monitor remote user access based on corporate requirements.
- Monitor remote Gateways using SmartUpdate to evaluate the need for upgrades, new installations, and license modifications.
- Use SmartUpdate to apply upgrade packages to single or multiple VPN-1 Gateways.
- Upgrade and attach product licenses using SmartUpdate.
- Centrally manage users to ensure only authenticated users securely access the corporate network either locally or remotely.
- Manage users to access to the corporate LAN by using external databases.
- Use Identity Awareness to provide granular level access to network resources.
- Acquire user information used by the Security Gateway to control access.
- Define Access Roles for use in an Identity Awareness rule.
- Implementing Identity Awareness in the Firewall Rule Base.
- Configure a pre-shared secret site-to-site VPN with partner sites.
- Configure permanent tunnels for remote access to corporate resources.
- Configure VPN tunnel sharing, given the difference between host-based, subunit-based and gateway-based tunnels.
- Resolve security administration issues.
After successful completion of CCSA, student will able to defend against network threats, security gateway in a distributed environment, Schedule backups and seamless upgrades, Protect email and messaging content, Monitor suspicious network activities and analyze attacks, Troubleshoot network connections.
- Windows Server and/or UNIX skills
|CCSA + CCSE Training Learning Schedule|
|Track||Regular (Mon-Fri)||Weekend ( Sat & Sun)|
|Duration||20 Days||6 Weekends|
|Hours||2 Hours a Day||2-3 Hours a Day|
- Live Practical Based Training.
- 24*7 Lab Access
- Authorized Training Certificate.
- Placement Assistance and career guidance.
- Late night and early morning batch facility
- Hostel facility between INR 6000– INR 7000 per month including food.
- Payment options: Check, Cash, Credit Card, Debit card, Net Banking.
Note: EMI options via credit card, Monthly EMI.