Why Big Data Hadoop is a Promising Career?
We are living in an era where data is being generated on an enormous scale on daily basis on three fronts i.e. velocity(real-time period), variety(audio,video,photo,etc), and volume(MB,GB,TB,PB,etc). This exponentially growing unstructured data needs to be analyzed and stored by the firms such that its insights could be used to generate revenues.
You would also like to check What is Big Data Hadoop?
Possessing big data analytics and Hadoop skills can either help you achieve your dream career or help you grow even more on your existing career path. You automatically become a valuable entity to your employer because the demand for big data analysts is growing each year and it is very difficult to make the ends meet with the shortage of data scientists and other analysts in the industry. Here we will try to decode as to why Big data analytics promises to be a successful career option which will continue to grow in the coming years.
WHAT Do RESEARCHERS HAVE TO SAY ?
- Hadoop offers efficient database management services enhancing not only the speed of data retrieval but also the costs of recovery and modification of data as well. Today almost every company like Facebook, Walmart, Google, NASA, etc. uses Hadoop for data management. Acc. to the Transparency Market Research market report, the Hadoop market is estimated to reach $20.9 billion in 2018.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that demand for operations research analysts is expected to jump 22 percent from 2008-2018. Hence, it is evident that Big data is here to stay for a very long time.
- The Future of Big Data Analytics – Global Market and Technologies Forecast – 2015-2020’, a survey tells that the Big Data Analytics Global Market is expected to grow by 14.4% CAGR over the span of next five years.
You may want to check 15 days Training on Big Data Hadoop and Cloud Computing
POOL OF OPPORTUNITIES
Data is useless if not analyzed properly and hence, the need of qualified professionals for Big data management and analytics is grown enormously. This rising demand for data scientists and data analysts is a great opportunity for IT professionals as organisations have a high demand of skilled people who can tap the power of Big Data Analytics and garner the exquisite amount of relevant data for them. Market researchers like Gartner and Indeed have speculated a huge rise in the number of jobs in this field. Gartner has predicted a up to 1.7 million jobs in the IT industry by 2018 all over the world.
Due to the huge demand of the big data skills and less number of candidates available to fill in the positions, organisations are ready to shell out bucks for the right candidate. With the right skill and expertise, IT professionals can make a huge chunk of money in this field.
EVERYONE IS ADOPTING
Hadoop is promising easy analysis of sophisticated and very large data which has encouraged more sectors of the industry to reap the benefits of Big data. Acc. to a market research done by Wanted Analytics, the scientific and technical industry has incorporated big data analytics immensely while healthcare industry is still struggling to benefit from big data services.
NUMEROUS OPTIONS TO GO FOR
Since Big data analysis is used in different fields there is a whole pool of options to choose from in terms of a domain as well as the nature of the job based on your interest, growth, and monetary aspects. The various job titles are:
- Business Consultant
- Big Data Analytics Associate
- Big Data Analyst
- Big Data Analyst Architect
- Big Data Engineer
- Metrics & Analytics Specialist
- BI & Analytics Consultant
GROWING PRIORITY DEMANDS FOR ANALYTICS
Big data analysis is proving to be on top of the priority lists of the organisations. Many companies like Cisco, IBM, and Oracle have the highest number of big-data-related vacancies in the industry around 3,163 in the share of Cisco alone. The following chart depicts the top ten big data employers, their distribution of jobs, and the number of new jobs added over since the year 2014.
A big data analyst will never find himself short of work as the demand for data scientists is growing exponentially. Big data analytics is clearly revolutionizing the way we analyze and utilize the relevant data from the assorted one. Consequently, the chances to grow into the analytics field are extremely good in addition to the knowledge gain an individual would have.
Hence, a skilled professional will be an asset to the organisation giving a much-needed boost to the business growth as well as their own career.