CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Blueprints and Exam Topics
The CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Examination is one of the most integral parts to become a Cisco Expert. Post restructuring of the Cisco Syllabus, this exam can be taken up for the first time on February 24, 2020. Let us have a look at the New CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Blueprint Examination Format.
The CCIE Lab Practical exam requires a total of 8 hours. This exam assesses the candidate’s skills, including designing, deploying, operating, and optimizing complex network scenarios. Before we begin with the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Blueprint, you need to know that appearing for CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure ENCOR is a must.
This CCIE Lab Exam consists of 2 modules:
Module 1: Design
- Time: 3 hours
- Point Values: Hidden
- Format: Scenario-based
- Backward Navigation within Module: Disabled
Module 2: Deploy, Operate, and Optimize
- Time: 5 hours
- Point Values: Shown
- Format: Hands-On + Web-Based
- Backward Navigation within Module: Enabled
Although Module 1 and Module 2 are independent of one another, there is a progressive story-line that builds along with the examination. Candidates cannot go back or move further during or in between modules.
Let us now find out about both modules within the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Blueprint individually
CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Blueprint Module 1: Design
The design module measures the candidate’s ability to create, analyze, validate, and optimize network design. The design module is scenario-based with no access to devices. Only a set of documents are provided before the exam to understand the scenario before answering questions.
What do candidates do?
- Comprehend the capabilities of various technologies, services, and solutions
- Convert customer need to solutions
- Assess customers with support for solutions
Examples of Documents Provided
- Email Threads
- High-Level Design
- Network Topology Diagrams
- Customer Requirements
- Customer Limitations
Example of Web-Based Items
- Drag and Drop
- Multiple Choice Single Answer
- Multiple Choice Multiple Answer
- Dropdown Items
- Backward Navigation: Disabled
- Full visibility to questions: Disabled
- Point values display: Restricted
CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Blueprint Module 2: Deploy, Operate, and Optimize
Here candidates deploy, operate, and optimize network technologies and solutions. The setup provided to the candidates is a replica of the actual networks and consists of both hands-on and web-based items. A virtualized lab environment helps the candidates perform their tasks.
- Deploy: Candidates are asked to construct the network according to design specifics, customer requirements, and limitations. This step covers configuring, integration, and troubleshooting of technologies as per instructions provided
- Operate and Optimize: Operation and Optimization of network technologies include monitoring network health and performance, configuring the network to improve service quality, reduce disruptions, mitigate outages, reduce operating costs and maintaining high availability, reliability and security. It also includes diagnosing potential issues and adjusting configurations to align with business goals.
- Backward Navigation: Enabled
- Full visibility to questions: Enabled
- Point values display: Allowed
Product Pages consists of Cisco documentation for online exam. Any documentation which is not accessible, will be available during the examination.
Exam Score Evaluation and Reports
Both modules have distinct minimum scores and pass scores. Both the scores are based on a per-module basis and based upon exam difficulty level.
- Pass score is directly proportional to the expert level competence
- The minimum score is the least score expected from an expert level candidate.
The candidate must score higher than the aggregated pass score of both modules and score higher than the minimum score set for every module individually.
- Assume that the candidate does not score the minimum score of both modules OR scores less than the minimum score in one of the exams, they fail the exam.
- Candidates who fail the examination are given a score report, indicating which modules they passed and fail.
- Candidates are also provided with a cumulative score percentage on a per-domain level across both modules.
- Post clearing the exam; candidates receive no additional score details.
CCIE Lab Exam Syllabus:
|Software Defined Infrastructure||25%|
|Transport Technologies and Solutions||15%|
|Infrastructure Security and Services||15%|
|Infrastructure Automation and Programmability||15%|
The CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Exam is one of the highest credited exams in the Networking Industry. It is difficult but not impossible to clear. We hope we helped you with the CCIE Lab Blueprint. If you come across any questions or doubts about the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Blueprint, please let us know in the comments section below.