CISCO known as Computer Information System Company was founded by computer scientists from Stanford which is 20 miles from the San Francisco. However, the word ‘CISCO’ is derived from the name of the city of United States of America that is San Francisco. Cisco is a multinational co-operation, headquartered in San Jose, California, The United States that designs manufactures and networking equipment.
Following are the stages of getting into the networking domain:
- CCENT/CCT [Entry Level]: CISCO Certified Entry Networking Technician/ Cisco Certified Technician. It is the collaboration, data centre, service providing, routing and switching, security and wireless.
- CCNA/CCDA [Associate Level]: Associate Level is the foundation level of networking certification that is CCNA for network installation operations and troubleshooting. CCDA for network design.
- CCDP/CCNP [Professional Level]: The professional level forecasts more expertise with networking skills. Its certification covers broader aspects of technology which is required to meet job roles.
- CCIE [Expert Level]: An expert level certification stage, accepted as the most honourable certification worldwide in the networking industry.
- CCAr [Architect]: Cisco Certified Associate is the highest level of accreditation achievable and recognizes the architectural expertise of network design experts who can support the increasingly complex networks of global organizations and effectively translate business strategies into evolutionary technical strategies.
Learn more about Cisco Certifications from:
- Everything you need to know about Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Certifications.
- All You need to know about Cisco Exams and Certifications
- Updated Examination Fees for Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE Certification
That being said, being the expert level certification accepted worldwide, CCIE has the brighter scope for an individual in the networking field.
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Security (CCIE Security) program strategically recognizes experts having sound knowledge and skills in IT, Architect, engineering, Implement, Troubleshoot, Support and Contribute their best towards Cisco Security Technologies and Solutions by using the sophisticated technology thereby applying their skills towards reducing modern security risks, threats, vulnerability and requirements.
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Security (CCIE SECURITY) was rated as 6th among the 15 best networking skills that provides the most decent salary of $100,000 above, wherein CCIE Security salary was rated as high as $168,769 according to the survey conducted by 9500 tech professionals in late 2012 by Global Knowledge And Tech Republic.
Following is the table representing the academic qualification required for the CCIE Certification:
|Degree||Expected Salary approx. [In Rs]|
|Bachleor’s degree||Above 140,000|
This can be better explained with the following table showing the best IT Giants providing CCIE Security Salaries to the employees:
|Popular Companies||Salary in INR|
|Cisco Systems INC.||595,976-18,64,469|
|HCL Technologies ltd.||350,000-16,20,000|
|Orange Business Services||13,00,000|
|Juniper Networks INC.||20,00,000|
Popular Cities wherein an employee can expect decent remuneration and perks;
|Cities||Salary [In INR Per Annum]|
Following is the remuneration pattern which a male and a female employee can expect:
Top Profile Designation:
What should you learn?
Security has always been a concern to organizations that perform business. As organizations expand their networks and interconnect, the emphasis on network security has moved to the forefront. The market for skilled network security professionals has never been better. Remembering that network security is simply security applied to networking, it only makes sense to hone your skills on products that are the most recognized in the industry when working toward a network security certification.
The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification requires following exams:
- 400-251 Written Exam Lab Exam v5.0
- Lab Exam v5.0
CCIE being the most honorable certification accepted worldwide. Examinations for the same is not an easy task to accomplish with. Following are the topics which are highly recommended to have an edge and are advisable to have profound knowledge for the same. However, the entire examination pattern lays strong emphasis on the lab examination for the troubleshooting protocols various networking experiments require substantial and diversified conceptual analyses.
|DOMAIN||Written Exam (%)||Lab Exam (%)|
|1.0 Perimeter Security and Intrusion Prevention||21%||23%|
|2.0 Advanced Threat Protection and Content Security||17%||19%|
|3.0 Secure Connectivity and Segmentation||17%||19%|
|4.0 Identity Management, Information Exchange, and Access Control||22%||24%|
|5.0 Infrastructure Security, Virtualization, and Automation||13%||15%|
|6.0 Evolving Technologies||10%||N/A|
Any examination entails proper strategy and planning to attempt and clear the forthcoming, examination with utmost diligence and determination. Thus, CCIE is no exception, all you need to have is sound skills, clear concepts and an edge for logical and reasoning questions. When one is left with just 60 days following are the tips which can helpful:
- Experience one’s thy! Usher the best in you:
- Try to get trained from the CCIE expert.
- Learn from their experience, it might as well help you clear in your very first attempt.
- Allocate maximum of your time with Lab Training:
- 5 to 6 hours training is highly recommended.
- It’s advisable to cover at least 500 hours of regular lab training.
- Do, redo and practice experiments as much as you can and try to get it done in the minimum time possible.
- Know what’s recent:
- CCIE exams curriculums and concepts are a slightly changed day in and day out with respect to change in trend and the dynamic competition is prone to subtle changes, it is advisable to keep oneself updated about the same by following various Cisco networking blogs.
- Clear Concepts:
- Cramming and rot learning will fetch no good in the examination. Understanding, reallocating, framing and cracking the situations asked are the areas which shall be judged upon.
- Know the current topologies:
- There are numerous topologies that can be asked in the examination.
- It’s advisable to have a proper knowledge in topologies so, as to have a greater edge in the examination.
- Have a sound knowledge with troubleshooting skills:
- CCIE examinations are written and lab oriented.
- One must have strong troubleshooting skills.
- R&S security, collaboration or wireless in every examination a network would be given and one has to troubleshoot.
- So, it is preferred to be well prepared for the same so as to solve them instantly.
- Typing Speed:
- So as to solve maximum of the problems and score better substantiate typing speed is highly recommended.
- Multiple books:
- CCIE is the vast field and preparing from just one author might not cover the very aspects and essence of networking. The more books are referred the more concepts get stronger.
Hence, CCIE certified individual can diversify oneself to international corridors. Intense studies rigorous efforts are the keys to success but, once you have a weighed in, clear it with dedication and determination. Moreover, to lead your life from a fresher to professional, from professional to expert and from an expert to architect thereby getting recognitions for networking worldwide, CCIE is no exception for this notion.
You may also like:
- What is CCIE| CCIE Job Profiles and Examination
- TOP CCIE Security Jobs Profiles in the Networking Industry
- 30+ Popular CCIE Books every Networking aspirant must follow
- Step by Step Guide – CCIE Lab Booking Process