CCNA Scope in India | Salary, Job Roles & Career after CCNA Certification
Cisco is an American Multinational Company and an IT and Networking Leader. Leonard Bosack and Sandy Lerner founded Cisco in 1984. Cisco has its headquarters in San Jose, California, lies amidst the Silicon Valley. Check Robbins is the CEO of Cisco. Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware and software, telecommunications and advanced technology products and services.
CCNA Scope in India is massive. Every sector has a requirement of a Network Engineers to look after their Networking Infrastructure. CCNA Certification plays an important role by providing candidates with the fundamental level skills and knowledge of Networking. They have different product and service offerings to support their clients in every way.
Along with providing products and services, Cisco also provides Certifications in domains like Routing and Switching, Security, Collaboration, Data Center, Service Provider, Cyber Ops, Cloud, Wireless and Industrial. Certification marks its presence in four levels, which are Entry, Associate, Professional, and Expert. Architect Certification is the top level of Certification provided by Cisco.
Entry Level – Entry level includes two certifications viz CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Level Technician) and CCT (Cisco Certified Technician). Either of the certifications is obligatory to pursue the Associate Level Certification. CCENT provides entry-level network operating positions and is the beginning of a path breaking career in networking. CCT also includes CCT Routing and Switching and CCT Data Center.
Associate Level – Associate Level includes Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) Certifications. Associate Level Certifications help candidates install, maintain and troubleshoot basic enterprise networks. CCNA is the foundation of next level certifications. Associate Level certification takes place in Routing and Switching, Service Provider, Collaboration, Data Center, Cyber Ops, Security, Wireless, Cloud and Industrial domains.
Professional Level – Professional Level includes Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) Certifications. Professional Level Certification is an advanced level of certification providing expertise with networking skills. Each Certification includes a different technology which is Routing and Switching, Service Provider, Collaboration, Data Center, Security, Wireless and Cloud.
Expert Level – Expert Level includes Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert(CCIE) and Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) Certifications. Expert Level Certification is a globally accepted and esteemed certification. The CCIE and CCDE community has established itself as a lead in the industry with professional skills and knowledge. The expert level certification includes Routing and Switching, Service Provider, Collaboration, Data Center, Security and Wireless.
Architect Level – Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) is the top level of Certification provided by Cisco which enables the network architects to produce methodological specifications for businesses to support their objectives.
What is CCNA?
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is a distinguished and one of the most popular certification by Cisco. It is also the most alluring certification taken up by candidates throughout the world. It provides skills and knowledge to install, manage, and troubleshoot edge cutting networks. CCNA specializes in the following domains:
- Routing and Switching
- Service Provider
- Data Center
- Cyber Ops
Let’s have a look at each of them:
1. Routing and Switching – For candidates looking to build and validate Cisco Networking Fundamentals, the Routing and Switching Certification focuses on developing foundational IP skills to establish, maintain and troubleshoot basic business networks. The role of a Core Routing and Switching Network Engineer would be to prepare for a network transition and stay equipped with consistent skills and knowledge to adapt the next generation technologies.
2. Service Provider – The Cisco Certified Network Associate Service Provider Certification, focuses on the latest trends and technologies in the Service Provider domain. Network Engineers, Designers, and Technicians make use of this technology. They hold the ability to build, implement, maintain and troubleshoot the Service Provider networks.
3. Collaboration – Designed for Network Video Engineers, IP Network Engineers and IP Telephony Engineers the Cisco Certified Network Associate Collaboration Certification plays a vital role for Network Engineers who want to make their careers by working towards the development and advancement of collaboration and video skills in line with the convergence of video, voice data, and mobile applications. They help organizations build increasing business demands.
4. Data Center – In the digital era, a highly elastic infrastructure has become the backbone of every business. Due to which the Data Center has become a core of every business. The Data Center professionals need to understand how their fields interact with automation, cloud, virtualization, and software-defined technologies. This certification provides confidence to configure, maintain and troubleshoot Data Center Technologies.
5. Cyber Ops – According to International Data Corporation (IDC), Cyber Ops will be the most in-demand IT roles in the coming decade. Today’s organizations are detected with cyber security breaches, and the Security Operations Center (SOC) keep a vigilant eye on the security system to protect the organization against security threats. The Cisco Certified Network Associate Cyber Ops Professional can begin their career as an associate level cyber security analyst with the Security Operation Center.
6. Industrial – Control System Engineers, Plant Administrators and Traditional Network Engineers take up the Cisco Certified Network Associate Industrial Certification. These Engineers involve in the convergence of Industrial networks. This certification provides engineers with skills and knowledge to maintain and troubleshoot according to the industry protocols. With a combination of the written examination and lab exercises, the candidates will ensure that the industrial infrastructure maximizes on its output.
7. Wireless – Wireless is a BIG thing in the Networking Industry. Wireless is increased in demand due to which The Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA Wireless) job profile is in demand too. This technology teaches to configure, monitor and support to achieve business outcomes. Cisco’s Wireless Certification helps you learn the basics of configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting for optimal performance of Cisco’s WLAN.
8. Security – The Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) Certification is an associate level certification providing knowledge and skills to secure Cisco Networks. A CCNA Security Certified Professional can build a basic security infrastructure, recognize threats to the network and mitigate them. It emphasizes on core security technology, installing, monitoring and troubleshooting this infrastructure.
9. Cloud – Companies who are adopting Cloud Technology are more active and flexible towards achieving their business outcomes. Network Engineers, Cloud Administrators, and Cloud Engineers can validate their cloud skill set which helps them maintain and troubleshoot the cloud infrastructure with the help of the Cisco Certified Network Associate Cloud (CCNA Cloud) Certification
10. Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) – Organizations these days require a highly scalable network designed for flexibility, performance, and availability to meet growing demands. To achieve all this, Network Professionals need to be up-to-date with designing skills. The Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) is for sales engineers, system engineers, and network design engineers to build and validate the network design foundational knowledge and skills. This focuses on design methodologies, addressing, routing protocols and network considerations.
Why CCNA Certification
1. Global acceptance of CCNA Certification: Cisco is a market leader, and as an organization it is gaining recognition across the world. Cisco Certifications prove to be fundamentals to Networking. Cisco Certification includes top-notch knowledge and lab exercise modules which help the candidates in their careers.
2. Constant revision of Course Syllabus:Technology is changing day by day. We come across one of a kind invention almost every day. Therefore the course syllabus has to be updated to keep the candidates at par with the skills required to handle technology.
3. Get Better Paying Jobs: CCNA Syllabus contains core fundamental-level knowledge in store. The hands-on Lab Skills in CCNA Certification makes the candidate equipped. So the employers prefer candidates with a CCNA Certification.
4. CCNA Certified Candidates preferred over Non-CCNA Certified Candidates: CCNA Certified Candidates possess skills and knowledge required to handle the complex network infrastructures. They possess the confidence to install, maintain and troubleshoot the network architectures.
5. CCNA Routing and Switching is fundamental : The CCNA Routing and Switching Certification is suggested a pre-requisite for the most of the domains. CCNA Certification provides foundational lessons to the candidates. It not only prepares the candidates to handle the on-going technologies but also the next generation technologies.
6. Expansion of Network at rapid rate :Networking is used across all the sectors. Every sector needs networks to run their business due to which Networking will always be the most preferred career choice by candidates as the industry will never run out of jobs which proves that the CCNA Scope is exorbitant for the candidates across the globe.
7. CCNA will help you in getting promotion: Due to the core syllabus and hands-on lab modules, CCNA Certification will help the candidate in their day to day job. And if you are working at an IT organization, a CCNA Certification may also help in promotion.
8. CCNA Certification opens doors for diversified domains: CCNA knowledge and skills are not only used in the Networking Industry but in numerous Industries like Computer Hardware, Computer Games, Defense and Space, Motion Pictures and Films and many more. So the CCNA Scope is radiated in different domains too.
9. CCNA gives a full range of Training options :The CCNA Certification has a variety of options for the candidates to specialize in domains like Routing and Switching, Security, Collaboration, Service Provider and so on. Therefore the CCNA Scope is stupendous where the candidates get to choose in which domain they would want to specialize.
10. Don’t forget that there is a value in re-certification :Cisco updates the knowledge database frequently, Re-Certification takes place every three years, so that the professionals update themselves with on-going trends and technologies.
Job roles offered to a CCNA Certified
Here are some popular Job Roles for a CCNA Certified Professional
- Network Engineer
- System Administrator
- Network Technician
- Network Associate
- System Engineer
- Network Support Engineer
What is the CCNA Certified Salary in India?
Designation Salary (per annum)
|Designation||Salary (per annum)|
|Network Support Engineer||Rs.5,00,000 (approx.)|
|System Administrator||Rs.4,50,000 (approx.)|
|Network Technician||Rs.4,83,000 (approx.)|
|Network Associate||Rs.6,00,000 (approx.)|
|Network Engineer||Rs.4,86,914 (approx.)|
|Senior Network Engineer||Rs.6,48,9987 (approx.)|
|System Engineer||Rs.4,71,990 (approx.)|
Which companies hire CCNA Certified Professionals in India?
- TATA Consultancy Services
- Reliance Communications
- AT&T Communications
- JIO Communications
- Orient Technologies
- HCL Technologies
- Dimension Data
- CSS Corporation
- Tech Mahindra
- Cisco Systems
- Bharti Airtel
Companies want candidates who have knowledge about CCNA as well as skills to work on real devices. The CCNA Certification abides by the rules above. CCNA will be the foundation for your career in Networking Industry. CCNA Scope in India is ample with all the companies wanting to hire candidates who will help themselves and the company grow. And due to the knowledge provided in the syllabus, CCNA Scope shouldn’t under-estimated.
Signing up for CCNA Training Courses can be a good investment for your career.