Cisco Network Security Workshop at B. S. Abdur Rahman University, Chennai
Unless and until our society recognizes cyber bullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue. – Anna Maria Chavez
In today’s world full of threat, the internet is a basic need. With this need, there comes a lot of dangers and threats as well. Previously we had no clue as to how to protect ourselves from cyber crimes. Hence, Network security is a complicated subject, historically only tackled by well-trained and experienced experts. However, as more and more people become “wired”, an increasing number of people need to understand the basics of security in a networked world. I-Medita now brings workshops based on Cisco Network Security.
- 10 Amazing Facts about Cisco You Must Know
- Top 11 Most Powerful Networking Companies Across Globe
- What is Cisco CCNA?
On 19th 20th and 21st September 2015, I-Medita conducted a workshop at B. S. Abdur Rahman University, Chennai on the topic Cisco Network Security and its importance. The depth of the need for a secure connection is always understood by the teachers for their loving students. Faculty Coordinators coordinated along with student Coordinators Mr. R. Venkatraman and Mr. Ajee Ibrahim to conduct a workshop on Cisco Network Security and the need to protect self from the cyber crimes and threats.
The students arrived at 9 am sharp. With many questions being raised about the reality of threats and cyber issues, everyone was interested and was waiting for the workshop to start. The Expert Corporate Trainer soon started the workshop with explaining the concepts needed to read through the hype in the marketplace and understand risks and how to deal with them, history of networking, as well as an introduction to TCP/IP and internetworking models, was taught. The trainer went on to discuss risk management, network threats, firewalls, and more special-purpose secure networking devices.
The topics that were discussed are:
- How Networking Works in Industries
- How to design Network on Simulators
- How to design Network using Real-time Devices(Like Routers and Switches)
- How network Security Plays an important Role
- How to secure Networks using Firewalls
- Types of Firewalls
The students were ready with the self-help and self-test kits. The students were then taught about the firewall security and other security systems as well.
Day 2 and Day 3
The students were pretty excited to understand more about how to exactly save themselves from the network threats and issues. The trainer taught the students about:
- Configure real-time Cisco routers and switches. Configure different routing protocols in a network.
- Understand Routing Security and Switching Security fundamentals.
- Design, implementation and Security in a network i.e Campus Area Network Design and its Security.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), to provide secure remote access
- Firewall, to block unauthorized access to your network
The day then concluded with the various aspects that one needs to beware while working on the internet and how to save one’s identity from being used by criminals. Based on 3 Days Workshop a Small Competition was organized and 2-3 Top Winners were selected and awarded with special Excellence Certificate.
If you are interested to organize Cisco Network Security Workshop in your college for students and faculties then you can write us at [email protected] or call us 08750004411