Cisco has finally announced a newer version of Cisco Packet Tracer and believe me they have made some great changes in UI and support. New Packet Tracer is loaded with a lot of new features like new devices, IoT, Sensors and Programming Languages. Students preparing for their CCNA Industrial exam can get huge benefits out of the newer version. Here, we are listing a few changes and improvement in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 and of course, there is a download link at the end of the article.
New Devices in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0
• Cisco IE2000 industrial switch
• Cisco 819IOX router
• Cisco 829 router
• Cisco 1240 router
• IoT home gateway
• New “Internet of Everything” and “VM Management” Server
• Registration server for IoT devices
• Single board Computer (SBC)
• Microcontroller Unit (MCU
• IOE devices and sensors in a new IoE devices category: solar panel, power meter, car, wireless home gateway, power meter, motion detector, temperature sensor, conveyor sensor,
• Programming languages for IoE. Programming tab in the IoE device configuration box
• Wireless IOE RFID sensor.
• Wireless IOE RFID items.
Protocol and Network Related Features in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0
• Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
• Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP)
• Improved PoE support
• IoT Switch Protocol Support
• Pipe ( | ) in show commands
• Improved PoE support
• Modifiable environment like Time, for demonstrating IoT devices capabilities
Snapshots of Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0
Here are some snapshots of the latest version of packet tracer.
When you start, first, packet tracer will ask to login to Cisco Networking Academy. You can skip by clicking on Guest login. Of course, you will have to wait for 15 seconds.
And finally, It’s here, first look at Cisco Packet Tracer,
Bottom Left Corner has devices as usual. First, we have some new routers to start with. It is interesting that they have merged all the networking devices into a single tab. Click on that tab and it will show you all the networking devices available: Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewall and other.
Next to it, we have End Devices, In this tab; we have option of configuring Home Appliances, Smart City, Industrial and a Power Grid as well, Whoa!!! That’s something for Industrial certification.
Some sensors are also available to be configured,
Alright, Let’s have an overview of all the things together. Here is how it looks like,
And finally, this is how it looks like in logical,
Excited to try the new Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0, Here is the downloading link,
Make sure to leave a feedback after using so that other students can understand it better.