4 Weeks CCNA Study Plan – How to study for CCNA? Exclusive Study Plan & Tips
Cisco Systems Inc. is an American Multinational Technology Company, headquartered in San Jose, California in 1984 at the Center of the Silicon Valley. Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking software and hardware products, telecommunication products, etc. It deals in domains like Routing and Switching, Service provider, Collaboration, Data Center, Industrial, Wireless, Security and Cloud.
Cisco also provides certifications in different levels from beginners to expert level viz, Entry, Associate, Professional and Expert level. To begin a career in networking, the candidates need to pursue the Routing and Switching domain to understand the basics of networking.
In this article we will discuss how to study for CCNA. A lot of candidates start studying for CCNA but they fail to understand the real path of how to study for CCNA. CCNA Syllabus is huge hence it is very important to have a study plan for studying CCNA.
You know what is more important than studying for CCNA? It’s How To Study For CCNA?
Now you have decided that you want make a career in Networking. So the first step is to understand the Basics of Networking which is Routing and Switching.
Hence for reference we have provided you with Routing and Switching One Month Study Plan with a Week-wise Break Up.
WHY SHOULD ONE TAKE UP THE CCNA ROUTING AND SWITCHING EXAMINATION?
Certification Credit from the Networking Leader
Cisco holds the reputation of a market leader with the highest market share and the most extensive installation base across industries. Cisco Networks compute majority of the internet traffic.. Your knowledge and skills will be high in demand with training about Cisco products.
Prepares you for Network Evolution
Digitization is taking over the businesses these days. Machines are now replacing the manual work done by labourers. The software-driven architecture depends on automation, analytics, virtualization and cloud service management. And more and more companies will require data infrastructure. Job roles like Network Engineer, Security Engineer, and Network Architects will be high in demand for the future. Professionals vouching for a career in networking must take note of this.
Foundation Of Networking
Since the launch of the Cisco Certifications, companies all across the world recommend employees to take up the CCNA Routing, and Switching Certification , due to its Knowledge Store and Lab Skills modules. Most of the recruiters prefer candidates with these lessons. The need for understanding the infrastructure and protocols is necessary. The CCNA Routing and Switching help candidates succeed in their networking career even though the technology evolves.
Various Career Options
With the CCNA Routing and Switching Certification, you will have limitless boundaries in your career. According to research, seven out of ten companies prefer candidates with these certifications. You can either proceed with CCNP and CCIE Routing and Switching Certifications or work in the domain of your interest like collaboration, service provider, security, cloud, etc.
Keeps you updated with the latest technologies
In addition to work on latest technologies themselves, Cisco continuously surveys on technological advancements happening around. This work affects the candidate’s certification and job role as a networker. The proof to this is the latest additions to the Cisco syllabus like Quality of Service (QoS) elements, wireless controllers and access points, network functions of firewall and focus on network security.
The Certification helps increase Pay-Check
In 2018, The Technology Salary Guide, Robert Half Technology listed CCNA Routing and Switching certification as one of the most in-demand certifications and says that salaries may increase by 5 to 10 percent for such in-demand abilities. In addition to this, many companies provide rewards for employees who earn the Cisco Certifications.
Re-Certification adds value to the Certification
While Re-certification you can be sure of the fact that the certificate will be powerful as the industry recognizes it to validate your knowledge. That is because Cisco continuously monitors and renews the syllabus of certifications to make sure the candidates are up-to-date with the latest technologies.
CISCO ROUTING AND SWITCHING EXAMINATION DETAILS
The Cisco Routing and Switching Examination can be taken up in two ways:
|Name of The Exam||Option 1: CCNA Composite Exam-CCNAX||Option 2: ICND1||Option 2: ICND2|
|Exam Code||200-125 CCNA||100-105 ICND1||200-105 ICND2|
|Exam Duration (mins)||90||90||90|
|No. of Questions||60 – 70||45-55||45-55|
|Exam Cost ($)||325||165||165|
|Exam Syllabus Link||https://bit.ly/2sckN6f||https://bit.ly/2azl0x7||https://bit.ly/2MEMiyY|
HOW TO STUDY FOR CCNA?
IMPORTANCE OF A STUDY PLAN
After visiting the links above, you must have realized that the curriculum for CCNA is vast and needs segregation to make it simpler to study. Hence a study plan is must for the following reasons:
Proper method yield proper results
Having a timetable will help you develop good study habits and good study routine to achieve desired results. This timetable will ensure that you cover all topics.
Planning Long Term Results
Planning the exam will provide you long term results. It will ensure that no matter misses out of the syllabus.
Tackles Time Management
Having time management in your studies will give you enough time for studies as well as for recreational activities.
Helps Tackle Progress
Making a study plan can help you track progress. There won’t be any backlogs left before the exams which you need to study.
Achieve Better Results
Being persistent and consistent is the only key to success. With these skills making a study plan will be helpful to achieve better results.
BASIC PLAN SEGMENTATION:
|1||TCP/IP and OSI Model, IPv4 Addressing and Subnetting, Routing Theory, Routing Types|
|2||Static Routing, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, and ACL|
|3||Switching Basics, VLAN, Trunks, Inter VLAN Routing, VTP, DTP|
|4||STP, WAN, NAT, IPv6 and Routing|
To find the Study Plan Topics and Sub Topics in detail, click below.
CCNA ROUTING AND SWITCHING EXAM TIPS
Making your first attempt to the CCNA Routing and Switching Examination (one of the most prestigious exams) could be stressful. Find some tips here which help you successfully score through the exam.
- Know your exam well. Go through the exam syllabus on the Cisco website and all the links present there in advance, to avoid last minute confusions. You can also download the complete curriculum in PDF Format.
- Creating a study plan could prove to be beneficial. We have provided a study plan above. You can download the study plan in excel format <insert link> or use it to create your customized plan.
- Joining a training program could be a good investment. Learning from Certified Trainers is better than self-study as your doubts are resolved at that moment itself without prolonging them.
- Dedicate some amount of time in taking mock practice exams. There are a lot of mock tests present on websites online. Try solving some of them before the main exam.
- Know your main topics. Topics like TCP/IP Model, OSI Model, Different Protocols and Data Flow are essential during the examination. Focusing on such topics will get you some extra points.
- Joining an online community like the Cisco Learning Network will be of great help for passing the CCNA Exam. You can be a part of study groups, webinars and can also get to interact with candidates who have already passed the examination. Now how cool is that!
- Do not depend on a single source for your examination. Use different sources like your trainer, different websites, diverse books to gather all the information you can about the exam.
- Consider visiting Cisco Partnered Labs to get an exposure towards practical lab work. Getting theoretical knowledge is essential but what is more important is being able to apply that knowledge on real-time devices. Hence focus on lab work.
- Keep enough time before the exam for revision.
- Last but not least. Be calm on the exam day. Make advance arrangements to reach the exam venue on time. Clear your mind because it’s your time to shine.
As we have already discussed the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching is one of the foundational courses to begin your careers in Networking. It is vital to have your basics clear. To be an excellent networking professional, studying for the CCNA Certification Exam could be a little exhausting but not if you plan it out.
We hope we have made it easier for you to understand How to Study for CCNA. So go ahead and plan your examination and we hope you pass with flying colors.
Wishing you all the best for your examination.