Top CCIE Security Books to be followed by CCIE Aspirants
There have been many times when we were asked questions like, “What are the top CCIE Security Books?” “Is one enough?” “Should I do my own research?” “Would Cisco CCIE Press books get me pass the examination?” and the most important, “Do books really help in passing CCIE Security Examination?”
Being a company which serves on student’s needs and demands, we compiled a list of few CCIE Security books that will answer all your questions regarding the matter.
Aspirants pursuing CCIE Security understands that clearing this examination is not a piece of cake. It requires a lot of hard work and dedication. Meticulously put efforts and intelligible learning are the only tips that can get you through this examination.
On the other hand, CCIE Security plays an important role in passing the examination. They help you clearing the concepts and train you on every topic. Reading the right book is very essential as you do want to waste your limited time on something insignificant.
Let us walk you through the list of Top Cisco Press CCIE Security Books.
- CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide
- CCNP Security SENSS 300-206 official cert guide
- CCNP Security SIMOS 300-209 official cert guide
- CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 official cert guide
- Cisco ASA 9.6 configuration guide
- Cisco ASA: All-in-One Firewall, IPS, and VPN Adaptive Security Appliance
- Cisco ASA, PIX, and FWSM Firewall Handbook (2nd Edition)
- Cisco Network Security Troubleshooting Handbook
- Cisco Router Firewall Security
- IPSec VPN Design
- The Complete Cisco VPN Configuration Guide
- Cisco Access Control Security: AAA Administration Services
- Network Security Architectures
- Network Security Principles and Practices
These are not the complete list of books. Books of Cisco WSA, ESA, NGIPS, NGFW are not available till now.
Other two books written by Mr Baldev Singh, Cisco CCIE Security Trainer #37094 are:
1. Cisco ASA Second Generation OS 9.X
Link to the book: Download
2. Cisco IOS VPN AIO Self-Study Guide
Link to the book: http://www.imedita.com/blog/ebook-self-study-guide-cisco-ios-vpn-aio/
Always remember, it is not just this list of top security books that can help pass you with the examination. Do your own research as well. Join Cisco forums, research about topics, keep yourself updated from latest blogs, take tips from Cisco Certified Trainer and read Cisco lab preparation papers.
Also, a lot of rigorous hands-on training is essential. One must need to spend 5-6 hours a day in the lab in order to grasp each concept.
Read –> Practice –> Learn
This should be your mantra!
All the Best!