No. of Hours
4 Hours per day
(Mon-Thu) & (Sat-Sun)
- Course Outline
- Batch Details
- Free Resources
What is Computer Network Defense? Who is a Certified Network Defender?
Computer Network Defense is a form of cyber security that involves protective measures to ensure that an organization’s network and information systems are well secured against cyber threats and infiltration.
A certified network defender is a cyber security professional who specializes in recognizing, monitoring, preventing, and neutralizing cyber attacks on computer networks.
The primary job responsibilities of a certified network defender involve continuous and rigorous testing of networks to detect any weakness, set up requisite security programs, carry out round the clock surveillance and supervision to monitor the networks against threats and attacks.
Excited to make a career in cyber security? Join I-Medita Certified Network Defender Course.
Why I-Medita Certified Network Defender Training Course?
I-Medita provides the perfect platform to commence your journey or progress further as a cyber security professional with the Certified Network Defender Certification Training course.
EC-Council is a renowned certification body for Information Security professionals and has carefully designed the CND course as a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cyber security education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cyber security Education (NICE).
I-Medita is an authorized Training Partner and Exam Center of EC Council Certified Network Defender Certification.
I-Medita course curriculum adheres to and consists of all the modules required to be covered as per the EC Council Blue Print for the Certified Network Defender Certification.
I-Medita arranges a 2 hour Free Demo Session for aspiring cyber security professionals to get an experience of how our Certified Network Defender classroom trainings are delivered. It is also a great platform to interact with our Expert Trainers and seek guidance about building a career in the field of cyber security.
The most significant benefits of I-Medita Certified Network Defender course are:
- Advanced Training course featuring 14 network security modules
- Study-kit with network security best practices, assessments and protection tools, templates for various network policies.
- Learn with Certified Network Trainers and Industry Experts
- Gain in-depth knowledge of designing secure networks to protect detect and respond to network threats. Become a master Network defender by learning advanced network security tools & techniques.
- Hands on Labs based on major Network security tools for real-world experience
- 24*7 access to state of the art Labs with ultra modern equipments
- 24*7 Learning support to solve queries via Chat, WhatsApp and Emails
- 100% Placement assistance, interview preparation, question banks, resume templates
- Free refresher courses
- Authorized Training Course Completion Certificate
- This course will provide a systematic preparation for renowned EC-Council Certified Network Defender examination
- I-Medita is an authorized EC Council Training Partner and Exam Testing Center.
What are the pre-requisites for Certified Network Defender Certification Course?
- Students from a science or engineering background will have an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of programming, scripting, networking and hardware engineering, system administration and software development will be very helpful for pursuing a career as an Network Defender.
Who should take Certified Network Defender Training Course?
- Candidates who are passionate about making a career in Cyber Security
- Network professionals such as Network Administrators, Network security Administrators, Network Security Engineers Security Analysts, Security Operators can take this course to progress in their cyber security career.
What is the scope and career path for students having completed Certified Network Defender Certification?
Certified Network Defenders can acquire roles which involve computer network defense and infrastructure support, identification, analysis & mitigation of threats, investigation of cyber events, crimes relating to IT information systems, networks, digital forensics, cyber operation planning, etc.
Training Cost and Duration
|Certified Network Defender Training|
|Track||Regular (Mon-Fri)||Weekend (Sat-Sun)|
4 Hours per day
4 Hours per day
What you will learn in the Certified Network Defender Training Course?
The Certified Network Defender training course covers 14 network security domains. You will gain in-depth technical knowledge of network defense fundamentals, application of network security protocols, perimeter appliances, secure IDS, VPN, firewall configuration, network traffic signature analysis and vulnerability scanning along with major network security tools and techniques. These will help you to design secure networks to protect detect and successfully respond to network attacks.
You will become skilled and proficient in:
- Various network security controls, protocols, devices
- How to troubleshoot networks for numerous network problems
- How to identify various threats on organization network
- How to design and implement a range of security policies for their organizations
- What is the significance of physical security and how to determine and implement various physical security controls
- How to toughen security of various hosts individually in the organization’s network
- How to choose appropriate firewall solution, topology, and configurations to strengthen security through firewall
- How to determine appropriate location for IDS/IPS sensors, tuning IDS for false positives and false negatives, and configurations to harden security through IDPS technologies
- How to implement secure VPN implementation for their organization
- How to identify various threats to wireless network and how to mitigate them
- How to monitor and conduct signature analysis to detect various types of attacks and policy violation activities.
- How to perform risk assessment, vulnerability assessment/scanning through various scanning tools and generate detailed reports on it
- How to identify the critical data, choose appropriate back up method, media and technique to perform successful backup of organization data on regular basis
- How to provide first response to the network security incident and assist IRT team and forensics investigation team in dealing with an incident.
What is the Certified Network Defender Course Curriculum?
I-Medita Certified Network Defender Training course curriculum adheres to and consists of all the modules as per the EC Council Blue Print for completion of Certified Network Defender Certification. The Course Module are:
- Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals
- Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
- Network Security Controls, Protocols and Devices
- Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Physical Security
- Host Security
- Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
- Secure IDS Configuration and Management
- Secure VPN Configuration and Management
- Wireless Network Defense
- Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
- Data Backup and Recovery
- Network Incident Response and Management
For more in-depth course curriculum information – please check Certified Network Hacking Defender Training Course Curriculum Details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Certified Network Defender Certification Exam?
Option 1: If you attend Official Training at an accredited Training Center, you can attempt the Certification exam without going through application process.
Option 2: If you have not attended any Official Training, your application must first be approved via the eligibility application process.
How to schedule Certified Network Defender Exam?
Please schedule CND exam (312-38) at one of the ECC Exam Centre or via the Pearson VUE testing centers. . I-Medita is an authorized EC Council Training Partner AND Exam Center.
What is the format of Certified Network Defender exam, duration, what types of questions, passing criteria, number of attempts allowed?
CND Exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions which have to be answered in 4 hours.
EC Councils exams are provided in multiple forms (I.e. different question banks). The Questions test the academic knowledge as well as real-world applicability. The passing scores "cut offs" are determined on per exam form basis. Usually Passing scores cut off range from 60% and above to 85% and above.
If you do not pass the exam in the first attempt, you can take the 1st retake immediately without any waiting period. Later, there will be a waiting period of 14 days between each attempt. You are not allowed to attempt an exam more than 5 times in a year.
Exam Topics & Weightage for each Topic in Certified Network Defender Exam
Please note: The below mentioned topics are general guidelines relating to content topics likely to be included in the exams.
|Topics||Weightage||No. of Questions|
|Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals||5%||5|
|Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities and Attacks||5%||5|
|Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices||8%||8|
|Network Security Policy Design and Implementation||6%||6|
|Secure Firewall Configuration and Management||8%||8|
|Secure IDS Configuration and Management||8%||8|
|Secure VPN Configuration and Management||6%||6|
|Wireless Network Defense||6%||6|
|Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis||9%||9|
|Network Risk and Vulnerability Management||9%||9|
|Data Backup and Recovery||9%||9|
|Network Incident Response and Management||8%||8|
How long is the Certified Network Defender Certification valid?
Your CND Certification is valid for 3 years from the date of certification. Upon successfully obtaining your EC-Council certification, you have the permission to use name and logo.
You must earn 120 ECE credits to maintain / renew your certification within 3 years. Failing this, your certification will be suspended for a period of 1 year. If you fail to achieve 120 credits within a year of suspension, You will have to pass certification exam again to earn certification.
What is the process to renew my Certified Network Defender Certification?
EC Council advocates continuing education and encourages certified members to keep their knowledge up-to-date. To renew CEH credentials for another 3-years you have to earn credits by attending conferences, writing research papers, preparing for training classes, taking an exam of a newer version of the certification, attending webinars, etc. You must update your EC-Council Continuing Education (ECE) credit account and submit proof of your earned credits.
Triple CCIE R&S, SP, Security # 46962
CCIE Security #37094
CCIE Voice # 41212
CCIE R&S # 60346
CCIE Security # 58858