Top 44 Fortinet Firewall Interview Questions
Fortinet is a USA based company headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. The Xie brothers founded Fortinet in the year 2000. It develops and also markets Cyber Security hardware and software products like Anti-Virus, Firewalls, End-point Security, etc.
Fortinet as an institution commits to bridge the lack of Cyber Security knowledge through the NSE institute and Fortinet Courses, Training and Certifications. The company has been in the news to unveil industry’s first SD-WAN ASIC. Fortinet has also accomplished in expanding its Security Fabric to the Third Generation of Cyber Security. Over 3000 Industry Security Experts worldwide attended Fortinet’s Global Conference and it was a huge success.
As you can see, Fortinet has been making noise in everything they do. Due to this progression of the company with the products as well as in terms of a growing organization a lot of candidates and professionals across the world want to work with Fortinet.
Here are some Fortinet Interview questions which will help you to crack your interview at Fortinet or companies dealing with Fortinet products and services. These Fortinet Interview Questions touch every topic in the Fortinet syllabus.
At Fortinet, you can achieve various roles from a Fortinet Engineer to a Fortinet Architect. You can shoot from an associate to an expert level.
We strongly recommend candidates to go through these Fortinet Interview Questions to get a gist of what type of questions asked during the interview.
Let’s have a look at Fortinet Interview Questions:
- Tell us about Fortinet as an organization and its history.
- Tell us what do you know about Fortinet’s FortiGate Firewall?
- What is Firewall Concept and How a Fortinet Firewall is different from other firewalls?
- What is UTM?
- What is Security Fabric?
- What is Threat Management?
- What is a Next-Generation Firewall?
- How is a Traditional Firewall different from a Next-Generation Firewall?
- How does a FortiMail Unit react in a transparent mode while inspecting and delivering email messages?
- What are the benefits of a scalable feature in Fortinet Fabric?
- What is the meaning of Aware in Fortinet Security Fabric?
- What does the FortiGate unit use to determine the availability of a web cache using the Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP)?
- When will the remote peer accept an attempt to initiate a tunnel if a WAN Optimization configuration is in an active or passive mode?
- How does the FortiMail Administrator retrieve e-mail account information from an LDAP server?
- When using sender reputation on a FortiMail unit, which actions can be taken against a source IP address generating spam or invalid E-mail messages?
- How does the security feature of Fortinet Security Fabric benefit us?
- What is Open APIs in Fortinet Security Fabric?
- Why is the Security Fabric required for a Network Security in the current environment?
- How is Fortinet’s security fabric approach different from other vendor’s attempts at an integrated platform?
- How is the Fortinet’s Security Fabric useful Fortinet’s Partner Network of distributors and solution providers?
- Under what circumstances is an e-mail message received by the FortiMail unit is subject to the bounce verification?
- How can a Network Administrator of a FortiMail Unit operating in server mode configure disk quotas for users of a precise domain?
- Which operational method helps the FortiMail unit to act as a full-featured email server rather than just a mail relay agent?
- What is the reason for deploying a FortiMail unit in transparent mode?
- Which back-end servers can provide recipient verification?
- Which techniques on a FortiMail Unit prevents an e-mail message from being quarantined for non-existent accounts?
- Which profile protects against Denial of Service Attacks?
- What does the flash memory contain in the local storage structure of the Fortimail Unit?
- Where is the Public Key stored while using the Domain Key Identified Mail (DKIM)?
- What is Actionable in Fortinet Security Fabric?
- What is the function of a Forged IP Scanning Technique?
- Which Operational Modes support high availability?
- Which criterion determines the direction of an SMTP Session on a Fortimail Unit Operating in Transparent Mode?
- Which History Log Field demonstrates the action taken by the Fortimail Unit regarding an email?
- Which is the high availability mode chosen by an administrator to provide increased processing capabilities?
- Which predefined dissector signature have configurable parameter?
- What port does FortiGate unit use to filter web URL in transparent mode?
- What is the default IP address of FortiGate unit?
- What is the valid method to fixup FortiGate interface speed & duplex?
- What is the default protection profile?
- Which is the port opened to allow SMTP using TLS protocol through a firewall?
- Which is the step performed before you can set XAuth to “Enable as Server” in an IPSec VPN configuration?
- With HTTP virus scanning enabled on a FortiGate, which commands initiate virus scanning?
- What priority value should a FortiGate unit have to ensure that it is a Master in a cluster?
- Which feature ensures that a tunnel will remain up in the absence of user data traffic?
We hope that you find this list of Fortinet Interview Questions helpful for your interview. Do let us know how your interview was in the comments section.
Investing in Fortinet Training and Certification Courses could prove to be beneficial to crack your interview.