Top CCNP Interview Questions Guide
Cisco is a giant in IT Networking Industry which has its products distributed in every corner of the world. Cisco introduced its Certifications to provide the skills and techniques to Network Engineers to configure, support and troubleshoot these products in its organizations.
These certifications are one of the most prestigious IT certifications known.
The Certifications are divided into various domains into 3 major levels.
To know more: Click Here
It is the higher level of Cisco Certification. Like CCNA, one learns to do the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting but on a much larger scale. CCNP Certification gives you the firm understanding of various networks, how they work together, their advanced security and video and wireless solutions. The troubleshooting skills of CCNP Certified are much on much higher level than of CCNA. CCNP Certified Networkers have profound knowledge and exposure.
The CCNA Certification can be done in
- Routing and Switching
- Service Provider
- Data Centre
To know more: Click Here
Here is a list of MOST IMPORTANT CCNP INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.
- What TCP port number BGP use for connection?
- What is RTP and DUAL in EIGRP?
- What are different BGP Message Types and States?
- List BGP Path Attributes.
- Sw-A revision number 22. You have made 2 vlans one by one and 3 vlans in one command, what will be the final revision number?
- When you are configuring virtual link, at which router it will be configured?
- What is Unequal cost load balancing in EIGRP? What is th command to perform it?
- Explain NULL 0 and Split Horizon.
- What is Stuck in Active state and how can to avoid it?
- What is Feasibility Condition in EIGRP?
- List all the states that takes place to change the Neighborship into adjacency.
- After DUAL calculations, a router has identified a successor route, but no routes have qualified as a feasible successor. In the event that the current successor goes down, what process will EIGRP use in the selection of a new successor?
- List and Explain OSPF Packets.
- What is route reflector and why it is required?
- Is it possible to use OSPF without a backbone router? If yes then how? If no the why?
- Can Routers on different subnet become BGP neighbors?
- Explain Loop prevention mechanism in BGP (both IBGP and EBGP).
- List the LSA types and their basic role in OSPF.
- List OSPF network Types.
- What is E1 and E2 in OSPF?
- Explain Virtual Link.
- Difference between eBGP and iBGP neighbor?
- Using the rules for IPv6 addressing, how can the address
2031:0000:240F:0000:0000:09C0:123A:121B be rewritten?
- Explain Stub and type of Stub Areas and the LSA they filter.
- What is reference bandwidth in OSPF?
- List the 3 scenarios in which switch performs flooding of frames.
- Router R1 is three router hops away from subnet 10.1.1.0/24. According to various show interfaces commands, all three links between R1 and 10.1.1.0/24 use the following settings: bandwidth: 1000, 500, 100000 and delay: 12000, 8000, 100. What values of Bandwidth and delay will be used for calculation of metric for EIGRP? Also explain why?
- What is Bridge ID and which protocol uses this?
- What is forward delay and what is the default value for it?
- Can I give preference to OSPF inter-area routes over intra-area routes and what is order of preference for OSPF routes?
- What does the EIGRP stuck in active message mean?
- What do the states DR, BDR, and DROTHER mean in show ip ospf interfacecommand output?
- What command is used to enable IPv6 routing on a router?
- What is passive-interface and why should we use it?
- What is reference bandwidth in OSPF? Can we change it?
- What is the EIGRP Stub Routing feature?
- What are different route types in EIGRP?
- Does EIGRP support aggregation and variable length subnet masks?
- What is the order of preference of attributes when some or all are applied to one neighbor in BGP?
- What is Probe in IP SLA and what is IP SLA’s default frequency for sending probes?
- How do I configure my router to prefer an Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) route over an EIGRP route when the route is learned from both sources?
- What is DHCP-Relay and why do we use it?
- What does route summarization mean?
- What is NAT?
- Can I use two different AS on one router for BGP? Explain why or why not?
- What is PBR?
- What is IP-SLA and why is it used?
- Routers R1 and R2 are EIGRP neighbors. R1 has been configured with the eigrp stub connected command. What will be the result of this?
- An attacker attempts to make the newly added rogue switch become the root bridge for the topology. Which features can be implemented to prevent this type of attack and how do they prevent it explain?
- What is Seed metric?
- What is PAgP’s “desirable silent” and when is it used?
- Define the following:
- BDPU Guard
- BPDU Filter
- Root Guard
- Loop Guard