Classroom & Online
No. of Hours
4 Hours a Day
(Mon-Thu) & (Sat-Sun)
- Course Outline
- Batch Details
- Free Resources
Cisco SD-WAN Training Course / Cisco Viptela Training Course
Before we get into discussing the details of I-Medita’s Cisco SD-WAN Training Course, let us get a sneak peek into how SD-WAN is fast emerging on the horizon of networking and is sure to take the networking world by a storm. Gartner (a global research and advisory firm) has forecast SD-WAN to grow at a 59% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) through 2021 to become a $1.3 billion market.
I-Medita, a leader in the Networking Training domain; has been following the growing demand of SD-WAN solutions closely. I-Medita is very proud to be a pioneer; and probably one of the first institutes in India; to design the SD-WAN Training Course. With the SD-WAN Training course, it is our endeavor to make you future ready, and distinguish you as an authority in SD-WAN domain.
What is SD WAN?
SD-WAN means “software-defined networking in a wide area network (WAN)”. SD-WAN solutions are more advanced alternatives for traditional WAN routers. According to Gartner, SD-WAN solutions provide dynamic, policy-based, application path selection across multiple WAN connections and supports service chaining for additional services such as WAN optimization and firewalls.
What problems do SDN help resolve?
Modern day businesses are spread across countries and continents. Companies deploy MPLS based WAN (Wide Area Networks) to connect remote branch offices with data centers for a seamless access to applications and services required for performing business functions. With collaboration tools such as VoIP calling, live streaming video conferencing and more, it is imperative to have great connectivity and high bandwidth. With mobile workforces and a variety of devices being used to connect from remote places, IT departments are continuously working on expanding bandwidth and improving connectivity. However, expanding WAN capabilities is very costly and time consuming. SD-WAN products help overcome these challenges.
SD WAN products can be physical or virtual appliances that reside in offices or on the Cloud. With SD-WAN, businesses will be able to save significant amounts in capital and operation expenses. They will also provide superior connectivity and performance to end users. Hence it is imperative to be prepared for the future by learning SD-WAN implementation.
Pre-requisites for Cisco SD WAN Training Course
To enroll for I-Medita Cisco SD-WAN Training Course, you should have in-depth knowledge of the following:
- Enterprise Wide Area Network Design
- Routing Protocol Functions and Operations
- Transport Layer Security
- TCP/IP Functions and Operations
Who should attend I-Medita’s Cisco SD WAN Training Course?
Networking Professional who have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in any of t the following roles can attend this course:
- Enterprise network system installers
- System integrators
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Solutions designers
Free Demo Session for Cisco SD WAN Training Course
I-Medita arranges a Free Demo Session before you join our SD-WAN Training Course. This gives you an idea how classroom sessions are held. Our Certified Expert Trainers also address your queries or concerns regarding the SD-WAN Training & Implementation. We also provide you a tour of our up-to-date Lab facilities which have “Ready to use Cisco SD-WAN Lab environment” for continuous practice and Lab sessions.
I-Medita conducts multiple batches per day for Cisco SD WAN Training Course (Viptela Training). All our trainers are Certified Networking Professionals and therefore well placed to guide you on all aspects of SD WAN. We have maximum 20 students in a batch to ensure that we can give individual attention to all our students.
|SD WAN Training|
|Track||Regular (Mon-Fri)||Weekend (Sat-Sun)|
4 Hours a Day
4 Hours a Day
What will you learn in Cisco SD-WAN Training Course?
Cisco SD WAN Training Course emphasizes on all technical aspects right from configuration to implementation of Cisco SD-WAN. In this course, you will learn about:
- Cisco SD-WAN Technology fundamentals, Solution Overview, Managing Cisco SD-WAN Components and more.
- Configure and operate VManage, VBond, VEdge, VManage.
- You will learn how to create, manage, and operate a secure and robust extensible network using Cisco SD-WAN products.
- Deploy vEdge routers in a secure extensible network.
- You will learn how to configure, operate, monitor overlay routing in a secure extensible network.
- You will also learn about policies and Quality of Service (QoS) in the SD-WAN overlay network.
At I-Medita we have a huge emphasis on Lab Sessions during the Cisco SD WAN Training Course. We have first-class Training rooms and Labs facilities with digital writing pads, AC, Wi-Fi and Projectors.
Outcomes of Cisco SD-WAN Training Course
Upon Completion of SD WAN Training Course, will help you learn and become competent to:
- Identify various components and architecture of the Cisco SD-WAN solution
- Deploy VManage, VBond, VEdge, VManage in a secure extensible network
- Create templates to aid deployment & operation of the secure extensible network
- Configure and verify overlay routing in the secure extensible network
- Create policies to control traffic flow in the secure extensible network
Cisco SD WAN Training Course Curriculum
I-Medita has developed Cisco SD WAN Training Course curriculum keeping in mind that it is a new emerging technology solution and will need thorough understanding for successful configuration and implementations. Our course contents cover:
- Traditional WAN – Challenges
- SD-WAN Overview and definitions
- SD-WAN Benefits
- SD-WAN Key Concepts
- SD-WAN Main Components
- Describe Cisco SD-WAN Architecture and Components
- Orchestration plane (vBond, NAT)
- Management plane (vManage)
- Control plane (vSmart, OMP)
- Data plane (vEdge)
- Describe WAN Edge platform types, capabilities (vEdges, cEdges)
SD-WAN Controller Deployment
- Describe controller cloud deployment
- Describe Controller on-Prem Deployment
- Hosting platform (KVM/Hypervisor)
- Installing controllers
- Scalability and redundancy
- Configure and verify certificates and whitelisting
- Troubleshoot control-plane connectivity between controllers
- Describe WAN Edge deployment
- Orchestration with zero-touch provisioning/plug-and-play
- Single/multi data center/regional hub deployments
- Configure and verify SD-WAN data plane
- Circuit termination/TLOC-extension
- Underlay-overlay connectivity
- Configure and verify OMP
- Configure and verify TLOCs
- Configure and verify CLI and vManage feature configuration templates
- Configure and verify control policies
- Configure and verify data policies
- Configure and verify end-to-end segmentation
- VPN segmentation
- Configure and verify SD-WAN application-aware routing
- Configure and verify direct Internet access
Security and Quality of Service
- Configure and verify service insertion
- Describe application-aware firewall
- Configure and verify QoS treatment on WAN edge routers
Management and Operations
- Describe monitoring and reporting from vManage
- Configure and verify monitoring and reporting
- Describe REST API monitoring
- Describe software upgrade from vManage
Our Lab sessions focus on practical aspects for Implementing & Troubleshooting SD-WAN operation of:
- Lab 01 – Interconnecting the SD-WAN components
- Lab 02 – Installing the enterprise root CA server
- Lab 03 – Performing initial configurations on vManage via CLI
- Lab 04 – Exploring vManage GUI mode
- Lab 05 – Performing initial configurations on vBond via CLI
- Lab 06 – Registering and installing certificate for vBond in vManage
- Lab 07 – Performing initial configurations on vSmart via CLI
- Lab 08 – Registering and installing certificate for vSmart in vManage
- Lab 09 – Performing initial configurations on vEdge via CLI
- Lab 10 – Registering vEdges devices in vManage
- Lab 11 – Performing initial configurations on cEdge via CLI
- Lab 12 – Registering cEdges devices in vManage
- Lab 13 – Configuring System template
- Lab 14 – Configuring Banner template
- Lab 15 – Configuring VPN 0 and VPN 512 templates
- Lab 16 – Configuring VPN 0 interface and VPN 512 interface templates
- Lab 17 – Configuring AAA, BFD and OMP templates
- Lab 18 – Configuring device template from various feature templates
- Lab 19 – Adding service-side VPNs in sites using CLI and template
- Lab 20 – Configuring static routing using CLI
- Lab 21 – Configuring OSPF routing using CLI
- Lab 22 – Configuring BGP routing using CLI
- Lab 23 – Configuring routing using templates in vManage GUI
- Lab 24 – Attaching routing feature template in device template
- Lab 25 – Verifying the reachability between sites using CLI and vManage
- Lab 26 – Configure TLOC extension for site redundancy
- Lab 27 – Configure an arbitrary hub-n-spoke topology for a VPN
- Lab 28 – Create a control policy for traffic engineering using TLCOs
- Lab 29 – Configuring a policy for firewall service insertion
- Lab 30 – Perform route-filtering for sites using control policy
- Lab 31 – Configuring route-leaking between VPNs for shared services
- Lab 32 – Create a data policy to set preferred transport for certain traffic
- Lab 33 – Implementing application-aware firewall policy for traffic
- Lab 34 – Creating a ZBF policy to inspect interesting traffic
- Lab 35 – Implementing application-aware policies for real-time traffic
- Lab 36 – Configuring vEdges with NAT and direct internet access
- Lab 37 – Configuring various QoS concepts using data policy
- Lab 38 – Using vManage GUI to explore various monitoring feature
- Lab 39 – Verifying Syslog and tcpdump on vEdge devices
- Lab 40 – Using API docs to create a REST API call to query vManage
- Lab 41 – Performing software upgrade for controllers and edge devices
- 1 vManage, 1/2 vSmart, 1 vBond Controller
- 5 vEdges, 1 cEdge,
- 7 Cisco 7200 Router,
- 3 Cisco Catalyst Switch,
- 2 Cisco routers for Transport Connection – ISP and MPLS
- 1 Win-Host
- 1 Root CA
Triple CCIE R&S, SP, Security # 46962
CCIE Security # 37094
CCIE Voice # 41212
CCIE R&S # 60346